Effective February 6 2018
- The website https://letterbox.co/ (the "Website"); and
- The Letterbox service and applications (the "Service" or "Letterbox");
- Information we collect offline or by any other means (such as through other products or services we may offer); and
- Information collected by our affiliates or any other third parties, which may have their own privacy policies.
What information does Message.io collect?
- Location Information. We also collect information about your geographic location from you or your device, including your country, region, city, zip code, street address, time zone, latitude, longitude, and horizontal position representation information ("Location Information").
- Third-Party Platform Information. We may also collect information (including Personal Information) about you from various third-party messaging platforms (e.g. Slack) (each, a "Messaging Platform") through their applicable APIs or otherwise ("Messaging Information").
- Tracking and Do Not Track Signals. We use the Website and the Service to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, applications or other online services ("Tracking Information"). Your web browser, email provider or Messaging Platform(s) may allow you to opt-out of our collection of Tracking Information by selecting a "do not track" (or similar) setting. However, we do not currently support "do not track" requests.
Order Information and Other Information You Voluntarily Disclose. Certain features of the Service are designed to display Information that you choose to provide to other users (such as enabling chats across Messaging Platforms) or to other third parties (such as Messaging Platforms). Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose Information through the Service, that Information can be seen by those users or third parties to whom you send that Information. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any Information you choose to submit in connection with these features.
How does Message.io use this Information?
We may use your Information, including your Personal Information, as follows:
- To enable you to participate in interactive features of the Service (such as communications between users)
- To provide services and customer support to you.
- To improve, test, update, and monitor Message.io's products and services for a better user experience.
- To communicate with you, including about the Service or your account.
- To market or promote the Service or products and services of Message.io or its third-party partners.
- For any other purpose we may describe when you provide the Information.
In addition, Message.io and its third-party partners may also use the Information to: remember your Information so you will not have to re-enter it during a subsequent visit; help you efficiently access your Information after you sign in; diagnose or fix technology problems; and for security and fraud prevention purposes.
Information We Share
Message.io or its agents, vendors or contractors may disclose Information, including your Personal Information, to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To our agents, vendors or contractors that we use to support the internal operations of our business including the Service and the Website and who are required to keep the Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To Messaging Platform providers in connection with our provision of the Service;
- If required to do so by law, comply with legal process or to comply with a governmental or regulatory request;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Message.io or its agents or contractors;
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other Message.io agreements;
- To act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service, the Website or the public; and
- As part of a transaction or potential transaction where Message.io merges with another organization, files for bankruptcy, or sells its assets or capital stock.
Security of Your Information
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect the Information. Despite the actions and precautions we take, no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of the Information and you acknowledge and agree that you transmit it to us at your own risk.
Third-Party Websites, Services and Technologies
The Website and the Service are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Information from children under 13. If you believe that we may have collected Information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Choices and Changes
We may need to communicate with you about the Service, and we would like to make certain commercial offers available to you from time to time. As such, you consent to receive commercial messages (whether by phone, email, text or push notifications) from us or our third-party partners, and acknowledge and agree that your primary phone numbers and email addresses and other information may be used for the purpose of initiating commercial messages. We will allow you to opt-out of receiving commercial messages, but in order to stop receiving any messages from us whatsoever (including administrative messages regarding the Service), you will need to terminate your account.